|Source: a bouquet of them in my house|
Sunflowers, in my humble opinion, remind me of health.
This pics are my own from the many bouquets I have had in my house.
Interested in hearing more interesting facts about Sunflowers?
- Sunflowers are one of the most fastest growing plants; requiring only 90 - 100 days to mature.
- This sunflower is native to North America and was used by the First Nations for oil and food.
- Sunflowers (I'm assuming the seeds) are 50% fat..but it's the good stuff. They are also loaded with calcium!
- Sunflower heads are a combination of 1,000 to 2,000 individual flowers joined by a receptacle base.
- There are up to 2,000 Sunflower seeds in one Sunflower.
- They originated from the US (thank you to all the American readers).
|Source: Another bouquet that was sitting in my house. Gorgeous!|
I realize I'm deviating a bit from my usual health and fitness rants, but I couldn't help but blog about this fabulous flower. I have always wanted sunflowers in my garden (I have always wanted a garden). I ended up adopting over 15 after I bought my house this summer. I thank the previous owners for the "gift with purchase".