July 24, 2011

"There's no place like home." - Gale, Dorothy (1930-something)

Well...I thought it would be easier, but posting blogs on any type of schedule while on a cruise ship in the middle of Alaska is pretty much impossible.  However, since leaving Vancouver, I have worked out every day (my saving grace from a life on a boat) and haven't done that badly with the diet. The serving sizes are small and the staff serve you versus you serving yourself (eyes always seem bigger than stomachs).

I have the entire day to kill on the ocean and then we are slowly moving back to BC. I still maintain I am not a cruise ship person (now more than ever) but this trip has already made me appreciate my life, my job, my own family, my cat, my house, and the tiny little town I sometimes complain about more than ever before. If I could give them all a huge hug right now, I would.

So I guess this trip wasn't all that bad if I can come back to my real life appreciating everything in it. Now all I have to do is hold it together until I reach my doorstep.....

Until I get back, enjoy your summer.

That's about it.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment