January 21, 2011

Muffin Tops are for Muffins!

I have one just like it...without
chocolate chips.
I have a muffin top. Where the hell did it come from? Of course, the low-rise pants I'm wearing don't help. I think the worst feeling in the world is feeling your stomach pouring out of your pants. I'm undoing my top button as much as I can get away with today...I just have to remember to do it up when I leave the office (that's what my brilliant AA is for).

It all started at Christmas (yes, I blame Christmas) and I haven't really gone back to "normal". Sure, I have refocused my attention to the vegetable intake and such. But I can't stop baking. I have a baking addiction. Like painting or scrap booking, I'm baking as a hobby and must be stopped. I made two different types of biscuit last week and three different types of cookies this week. I have flour, butter, and sugar on the brain and it's making me move in slow motion. It ain't good. Is there a support group for this?

The worst of it is I don't care too much about it. I know it will go away in time (once I get motivated to clean up my kitchen and rid myself of the chocolate chips and butter). It's just damn uncomfortable to sit as my pannus (yes, pannus...look it up) rests on my upper thighs (I know...not the kinda image you need in your head, but whatever...it's my blog). So I'm sure I'll get back to myself after a few more days of this. I'll have to or otherwise I'll be clothes shopping again. Oh my God...I can't feel my ankle bone...I think it's gone!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not berating myself for cultivating my muffin top (in fact, I think I'll name it) or emotionally disturbed that the pounds are coming back. I just hate the feeling of not being able to move like I did (only a few weeks ago). It sure happens fast, eh? Gotta love the irony of it all. Stupid baking (mmmmm....chocolate chip cookies).

So I'm going to go home now and make hot buttered popcorn. I will think about eating carrots on Monday. It's only fat...it comes and goes...nothing to lose my pannus over...whatever. 

Bless the person who invented sweatpants.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.