January 3, 2011

It's a Whole New Year!

This is a beach in Tofino. The waves are crazy and the
surfers are plentiful....except in this picture.
Happy 2011! It's Monday, January 3 and so far so good. I hope you enjoyed your holidays and feel ready to face what the year has in store.  I was fortunate enough to have the day to reflect on the past year's learning experiences and create a few goals for myself for this year. It was also a good time to get my head back on straight.  There's nothing like a vacation away with your man-friend to put you right again.

We spent some time in a condo on the beach...there's nothing like the ocean to bitch slap you into reality and understand that you are a mere speck on the globe...I believe many refer to this as perspective.

If you look closely enough, you can see a lone surfer
contemplating the meaning of life...or something like that.
 At any rate, I think I'm ready for 2011 and everything that comes with it. I'm tackling my procrastination problem by turning off the TV during the week, I'm cleaning out my kitchen and filling it with whole foods that will rot in less than a week (that's always a good sign), I have created a writing schedule and finally moving towards finishing my second book (examining the "underbelly" of the health and fitness industry and its' effects on our health and waistline...wish me luck). I have also started a walk/run program to get outside and connect with the neighbourhood, to get some fresh air, and to do something different.  I'll be totally honest with you and admit that this is the one I think I will struggle with the most. By nature...I'm lazy (that almost has two meanings considering the "nature" of my blog post today).  I will try my best to walk a 5K route three times per week and slowly move towards run/walking it (I like to refer to this as wogging - a walk/jog combination). With all I am seeing on the news about people getting in shape and getting "healthy" I'm sure I won't be alone out there. 


Of course I had seen pictures of sunsets like this, but I
always thought they were enhanced and only an
urban legend....apparently not. Just think if I
had used a good camera!


Starting tomorrow, I will be writing all about this, and other very important aspects to real life health in a way that (hopefully) doesn't bore the heck outta ya. THAT's my goal!


All the best for 2011!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment