August 25, 2010

Let's Talk Poo

I am motivated to talk crap because of my latest finding in my own backyard....no, it's not from a large dog, definitely not from my cat...yup...it's from a bear. I, a city dweller for the past 38 years, had a black bear in my backyard!  Completely exciting.


It was due to the bravery and courage of my boyfriend that I managed to get a great shot of it and thought..."what a great subject for my blog"....Let's talk Poo.

Why does this relate to health? Everything. What comes out of your body is a great indicator of what you are putting into your body. I know it isn't a sexy or attractive topic, but it is an important one.  Think of each bathroom visit as a report card for your health.  For example, if your pee is yellow, you may be dehydrated.

It is important that you have at least one bowl movement a day to keep your pipes clean. If your poop resembles that of a rabbit, you may need to drink more fluids. If you are reading a novel from cover to cover while on the pot, you may need to add more fiber to your diet. A simple vegetable addition would work wonders.  I highly recommend "googling" this a bit more or better yet, asking your health care provider. 

So next time you are enjoying the latest People magazine in the peaceful calm of your bathroom, be sure to take a look at your artwork before flushing. What you learn from your deposit could be beneficial to your health!

Okay...I'm done now..you can stop squirming in your seat.

K

6 comments:

  1. Hey, any idea what the term for "poo phobia" is? As a matter of fact, I was trying to have breakfast this morning... I like the look of the banana cake but the poo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pigtimes....Thanks for your comment and sorry if I grossed you out at breakfast. In fact, the fear of bowel movements IS a phobia known as defecaloesiophobia.

    To get the best of that poo picture you must click on it as to make out exactly what this bear had for lunch.

    Hope to hear from you again!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Ha! First of all, thanks for your reply and email. Great to hear from you.

    By the way, I have a real poo phobia. My kids laugh at me as every time we go to parks, I always shout "watch out" and I don't take my eyes off the ground in case I step on something. So, I miss all the nice scenery. And I hate taking walks ... in case I see dog's doo-dah. Is this normal for some people? Is there a name for such a condition? I tried to click on the poo (with my eyes shut) but unfortunately it doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are halarious. I couldn't find a phobia for SEEING poo, just making poo (sorry..we are moving into a new kind of gross).
    There are special programs to decondition your condition, but having this phobia is probably not ruining your life (as it is saving your shoes).
    I've added you to my "friends" on BC and hope to chat again!
    Thanks for the comments.
    k

    ReplyDelete
  5. As just like you I also found that in my home backyards. We all were very excited to watch that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Flat Abs;
    I'm assuming you have these little surprises in your yard at times? I hope to see the bear that created that little work of art, but I have yet to get a glimpse.

    Thanks for the comment! I appreciate it.
    K

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.